Sunday, November 06, 2005

MISSION CAPTURE THE FLAG

Another day off ... got to have something to do outside this desolate highway town of Airdrie. A sudden spark of creative genius - Lets play Quake!! The suggestion came from a fellow IIT-ian but then this would be whole new game of Quake 3. For those uninitiated to the concept of paint-ball, read on.

Sunday morning and off we were to the battlefield. Reached there at 12 to be greeted by two huge cats ... one quite friendly!! Five more minutes and we all were ready for the battle - the aim to capture your opponent's "flag". Donned in military gear, with hundreds of paint balls (little fibre balls filled with oil paint that explodes onto you as it hits you) and air-guns pressurized upto 4500 psi (ok ok ... i cheated, the limit was 3000 psi; but then all's fair in love and war!!) off we went - the red and the yellow teams in jungle terrain with two forts to win the war!!




The rules ... pretty simple - take up a good position, work as a team, never be alone, shoot your 'enemy' at sight and cover him with paint; of course, Get the hell out the moment you get hit!!

So there we were, playing a real life Quake (or maybe CS). Need I say who won, specially after spending countless hours watching my brethren in CFW practising and playing the games over the "academic network" the institute so kindly provided to us!! For the more cynical, my count in the first encounter was four!!

End of round one; time for lunch. Hot dogs and juices galore!!



Back to the arena - round 2. This time an open field. Take your base; start running for cover the moment the game starts; your only cover - in the middle of the field behind a wall of tyres and broken cars. Sadly, had never seen such an arena ever before ... more disaster, my gun malfunctioned; we lost.

No problems - round 3. Change of teams as well. But in a jungle its familiar territory ...

Thus went on the rest of the afternoon - we completed a total of 8 courses in about 4 hours, spending close to 1000 paint balls, running for most of the time, taking out our frustrations on fellow human beings!!

End of the day I realized the childish thrill which people derive from playing the computer games for hours!! Or was it something else ...

14 Comments:

Blogger Dipanjan Das said...

eshob ki re. erokom jama kapor kotha theke peli?

10:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

eshob ki re? jobe mein kichu korbe?

11:16 AM  
Blogger Souvik said...

he he ... this has nothing to do with the job!! as the first line goes, its on a day off ... so it was at a gaming arena where we played something similar to CS!!

3:00 AM  
Blogger Vämp!rë said...

naa be...just time pass...u seems to njoying canada...nice pics man

9:30 AM  
Blogger sandeep said...

wow! war! ....

hmm what about the other rule-less battle field ....time to capture flags there too[:D] ...anyways happy diwali ..this comp somehow doesn't allow me to open orkut properly only in short bursts and no lan in my hall for the past 4 days ...VP ..help! [:D]

7:16 PM  
Blogger kb said...

CS ba quake jai hok ... ota besh interesting mane holo ... TV-te dekhechi aage

kintu oi beral nie chelemanushi kara khub kharap .. ekdam bichhiri

4:27 PM  
Blogger Souvik said...

@KB - arre oi beral tar size ta to dekh!! ki cuuuuuuteeeeee!!!!! ar daktei omni eshe ador khete shuru kore dichhilo!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger kray said...

wow! that sounded super cool man!! u r sure having fun :D

9:53 PM  
Blogger Metalbiz said...

Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. One option that should definitely be considered is cash for cars near me, as they provide a free car removal service. Firstly, if you own an unwanted car sitting in your driveway, damaged beyond repair, or otherwise just in bad condition, you could really benefit from a cash for cars Gold Coast removal service. They provide a free, no-obligation, professional service to help you get rid of your unwanted car.
cash for scrap cars gold coast
cash for cars Brisbane

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for old cars sydney
scrap car buyer melbourne

4:49 AM  
Blogger Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
car removal mackay
car removal rockhampton

5:12 AM  
Blogger Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for unwanted cars rocklea
cash for scrap metal brisbane

5:34 AM  
Blogger Hashtag Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
car scrappers sydney
used cars for cash sydney

5:57 AM  
Blogger Max Cash For Cars said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
sell car for cash brisbane
cash for cars logan

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home